2007 NRL Premiership - Round 12

South Sydney v Melbourne

Olympic Stadium

Sat Jun 2,7:30pm

LOSS 10-26

Selected Round 12 Teams


Widders, Hegarty tries
Merritt goal


Final Line Up

Other FG Matches

Judiciary News

No one was charged out of the match.

Reserve Grade - NSW Premier League - Round 12

v St George-Illawarra, Kogarah Oval, Fri Jun 1 5:30pm

LOSS 16-34

Late Changes Paulson and Mellor were out. The Steve Price coached Premier League side claimed victory this evening over the North Sydney Bears 34 -16 at OKI Jubilee Stadium this evening. The Dragons scored six tries to the Bears two after the Dragons jumped to a 16-nil lead by half time. The Premier League started in beautiful fashion after receiving a repeat set through a Bears knock on in just the third minute. The Dragons started their set on half way and continued to work their way down field. After a Danny Wicks run on the fourth tackle attracted three defenders it left the Bears short on the left. Dapto junior Mathew Head ripped a pass to the left on to Sam Isemonger who then threw a quality pass out to winger Rota Setu who planted the ball down in the north-western corner. Five-eighth Reece Blayney brilliantly converted from the sideline to give the Dragons a 6-nil lead. It was in the ninth minute where the Dragons extended their lead out to two converted tries. The Dragons were gifted two penalties in succession after the Bears defenders split too early and then they were deemed to have layed around in the play the ball too long which gave the Dragons an attacking set starting on the Bears 10m line. On just the third tackle Head took the ball to the line on the right hand edge and found his captain Ryan Powell who ran a great angle to score 15m to the right of the uprights. Blayney had no problems with the conversion and the score was 12-nil. Captain Powell was able to grab his second try of the night in the 19th minute after a pin-point Head cross kick. The Dragons received a penalty after the Bears were ruled offside on the half way line which gave the home side another great attacking chance. After Setu was held up over the line in the left hand corner on the fourth tackle the Dragons had one last tackle to gain some points. Head screamed for the ball before sending a kick across to the right wing which was batted back by Frank Samia and was snapped up by Powell to score in the corner. Blayney was unable to convert to leave the score at 16-nil. The Bears really had only one opportunity to score points but lost the ball over the line under the posts two minutes before half time. The Dragons started the second stanza exactly the same as the first through a Blayney try. Blayney managed to slide through the Bears defence to score next to the left hand upright. There were no problems with the conversion and the lead was extended out to 22-nil after 43 minutes. It was in the 50th minute where replacement back rower Pat Rosser grabbed his first try for the Dragons. The Dragons worked their way down field and Rosser took the ball forward before attracting three defenders and managing to carry them over the line to score under the uprights. Blayney converted to take the lead to 28-nil. The Bears were able to post their first points of the evening in the 63rd minute through back rower Shannon McPherson. A miraculous try it was after the ball was fumbled by a number of players before McPherson put the ball on the boot and managed to regather to cross 10m left of the upright. Halfback Joe Williams converted to bring the score to 28-6. A mini fightback was made by the Bear after a charge down by hooker Daniel Irvine handed the Bears another try. Irvine charged the ball down on half way and managed to regather the ball and run to cross untouched. Williams converted the try to close the gap to 28-12. The Bears fightback ended in the 72nd minute through an Isemonger try. Isemonger managed to score after palming off a defender and scoring five metres in from the left hand touch line. Blayney converted to extend the lead out to 34-12. In the closing minutes the Bears claimed a consolation try through Valu Nasio. Williams managed to get outside his man and create an overlap. He then handed it on to Nasio who scored in the north eastern corner. Williams could not convert and the final score was 34-16. Champion was injured in the match.

 3 min  0-6
 9 min  0-12
16 min  0-16
43 min  0-22
58 min  0-28
63 min  6-28
68 min 12-28
72 min 12-34
78 min 16-34

Irvine, McPherson, Nasio tries
Williams 2 from 3 goals

Final Line Up
                             T  G/A  FG
Flbk - Simmonds, Reece       -  -     -
Wing - Gordon, Issac         -  -     -
Cntr - Nicholls, Greg        -  -     -
Cntr - Boston, Troy          -  -     -
Wing - Webb, Clark           -  -     -
5/8  - Champion, Beau        -  -     - (c)
Half - Williams, Joe         -  2/3   -
Prop - Ta'akimoeaka, Conrad  -  -     -
Hook - Irvine, Daniel        1  -     -
Prop - Verlinden, Ryan       -  -     -
SRow - Pettybourne, Eddy     -  -     -
SRow - McPherson, Shannon    1  -     -
Lock - Bobongie, Jardine     -  -     -

Int  - Grant, Luke           -  -     -
Int  - Nasio, Valu           1  -     -
Int  - Kaifoto, John         -  -     -
Int  - Mano, Arnold          -  -     -

                             3  2/3   -

Other Reserve Grade Matches

NSWRL Jersey Flegg - Under 20's - Round 12

v Balmain, Leichardt Oval Sat Jun 2 3:30pm

WIN 36-16

Late Changes Eddie Paea started at half. Eddie Paea played brilliantly for South Sydney Jersey Flegg against Balmain.

Paea 2, Douglas 2, Tovo, Moli tries
Paea 6 goals

Other U20 Matches